Open for Business amidst Covid-19
As we prepare to open on June 6th for the #Summer2020 tandem skydiving season, we would like to share what you can expect amidst the Covid-19 pandemic at Vacationland Skydiving.
- Vacationland Skydiving is taking steps to fully comply with the directives and guidance of the State of Maine, Governors Office, Maine CDC, and best practices as instructed by medical experts.
- First, we ask that you be in good health when you visit us. Should you be feeling under the weather, we ask that you reschedule.
- We will take the temperature of all customers, employees, and skydivers daily to identify and reschedule anyone with temperatures greater of 100.4 degrees or greater.
- We DO NOT RECOMMEND anyone with a medical history of respiratory illnesses or immune-compromised individuals visit us this summer.
- Visitors are limited to ONE spectator per tandem customer. Customers in the student program are not permitted spectators at this time.
We are also taking these additional steps to curb the spread of the coronavirus:
- Staff, Skydivers, Students, & Customers should wear face coverings when indoors or when unable to maintain physical distancing. Face coverings that become wet must be replaced with dry face coverings
- Tandem customers will be provided their own individual keepsake face covering suitable for skydiving.
- Instructors will wear full face helmets at all times able.
- To cut down on person-to-person contact, we will not be issuing jump suits to students.
- Please dress accordingly (jeans or pants that you will not be upset should you get grass stained. Sweatshirt on cooler days).
- We will emphasize an increase in the use of hand sanitizer
- The airplane will be decontaminated between each flight.
- All skydiving gear and harnesses in contact with students will be decontaminated between students.
- Social distancing protocol will be implemented at the dropzone to limit contact amongst staff, skydivers, students, and customers.
- Vacationland Skydiving will implement protocols to assure all registration, training, and non-skydiving customer contact activities to relegated to the outdoors areas of the dropzone only.
- We will not knowingly take reservations at this time from out-of-state customers until further guidance from the Governor’s office has been provided.